Friday, March 7, 2008

Maybe maintenance won't be so bad?

I stayed at basically the same weight from early December till the very end of February. I was not watching what I ate. I was not counting anything other than protein. I kept a running tally in my head as to how much protein I had eaten and just made sure I got in my 80 to 100 grams a day. And, I exercised some, but not a lot. All the while, I stayed between 203 and 206 pounds. For 3 whole months. Then, I kicked myself in the butt and started watching things again and the scale is slowly edging down once more a tenth of a pound at a time. I'm currently at 201.2 and working towards onederland and my goal weight of 185.

But, I was thinking today that if I could go for months eating sensibly but not tracking anything other than protein (even had one day where I did look at totals and hit 2000 calories) and not exercising like crazy or even semi-regularly, would it maybe mean that I will have a bit easier time maintaining when I get to that point of my journey? Or, is it perhaps attributed to the level of malabsorption I currently have and may not have later on? I'd say I was averaging 1500 to 1600 calories a day. I was getting in 80 to 100 grams of protein each and every day. I exercise a bit but not a lot and not terribly regularly (always has been my hold back on getting to goal). I'd like to think that as long as I eat healthfully and get my protein in, I may do just grand at maintaining... But, I am curious what the rest of you think! I don't plan on getting lax again any time soon, but it is a nice thought that the maintenance part of my journey won't be a daily battle to keep from regaining!

I posted this same post to ObesityHelp's message board. Click Here to see the thread and everyone's responses.
Lea

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.