Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Recipe: Ricotta Fluff--MY way

A while back, I posted a Ricotta Fluff recipe that was from Val, an OH member. Val uses whole milk ricotta cheese and the big tub of it (32 oz). I did not care for the taste with the whole milk ricotta. I might add that I don't like the taste of cottage cheese either, so maybe it was just me! BUT, I made ricotta fluff for myself again this weekend and changed the ingredients to make something that I thought I'd like the taste of... Here's what I used:

Ingredients:
15 oz tub of part-skim ricotta cheese
8 oz tub of sugar free Cool Whip
1 box sugar free cheesecake flavor Jello pudding mix (just the powder)

Directions:
With a hand mixer, whip the ricotta cheese and Cool Whip together till smooth. Pour in the pudding powder and continue to mix till blended. Serve with a fruit topping for added flavor.

I've been eating mine with strawberries on top. Krogers has a frozen strawberry slice that is sweetened with Splenda and is yummy! I put a spoon or two of that on top of the ricotta fluff and man-oh-man is that good! I've also used fresh strawberries and thawed, frozen strawberries. I just love strawberries!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.