Crunchy Chick Peas
1 can chick peas
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
Drain chick peas, rinse, and shake excess water out.
In a bowl, mix chick peas, olive oil, oregano, and salt.
Spread on a baking pan/cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
Then, we're going to think about what ELSE we can do with it! In my email files, I saved another crunchy chip pea recipe that was passed along on a YahooGroup I am on. That one was submitted by Bush's Beans to a recipe collection site. It looks like this:
Bush's Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
2 (15 ounce) cans BUSH'S Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the beans in a colander, drain and dry well with a paper towel.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper to the beans and toss evenly to coat.
- Spread beans in an even layer on the baking sheet, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes, until crunchy, stirring and shaking the pan midway through baking.
- Sprinkle the rosemary evenly over the beans, and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until beans are crunchy. Some will be slightly soft in the center. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the beans to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the cheese over the beans, and stir to evenly distribute the cheese.