Monday, February 25, 2008

Ever just want a bowl of ramen noodle soup??

For whatever reason, I've been craving a big bowl of ramen noodle soup... Who knows why, but it hit me harder this morning, and I stood in the kitchen trying to decide what I should eat to defeat this. Then, my eyes landed on my recently obtained container of Unjury chicken soup flavored protein powder... Then, it hit me! I could have the ramen noodles but I would have them with protein! I put one cup of water into a pan and turned the heat on under it. I added some leftover veggies from the fridge and HALF the dried noodles from the pack. As you don't use the flavoring packet from the noodle soup mix, you could use any flavor. I tossed the flavor packet and the rest of the noodles in the trash can. While the noodles were cooking, I put a cup of lukewarm water into my soup bowl and added 1 1/2 scoops of the Unjury chicken soup protein powder and whisked it to mix it well. Then, I dumped in the noodles/veggies/water from the pot and stirred it up. Wow, that was some good soup AND it had 30 grams of protein! You could even add some leftover or canned chicken to the pot as the noodles cooked... YUMMO!!
Lea

1 comment:

Dagny said...

I eat Shirataki noodles instead of Ramen. Zero calories, nothing but fiber. I actually buy Ramen just to get the seasonings packet because nothing else tastes quite the same, and I throw away the Ramen noodles!

Shirataki isn't for everybody but if you're OK with the texture they're pretty good with Ramen seasonings!

Powered by WebRing®.