Sunday, November 16, 2008

Working every day...and an update!

Working every day... Unique concept! Well, for some of us it is! I have not actually worked (outside the home) every day in over 10 years... And even then, I only worked 3 to 5 days a week, not every day Monday through Friday every week. Since I went back to teaching though, that has been the case. I have worked every day and for the first few weeks, it was pretty tiring and hard to get back into that work loop... I was used to getting my daughter off to the bus in the AM and then hitting the bed for a bit more rest as I was a night owl who stayed up till about 2 AM every night. I'd get her up and off to the bus (gets on bus at 6:50 AM) and then go back to bed till some time between 8 and 9 AM. Suddenly, I was getting up at 6 AM and leaving the house by 7 AM and not home again till 5 ish and required to stay awake and alert for that time span! Talk about a shock to your system! LOL

Now those of you who are used to it and work every day are thinking, "what the hell is she complaining about???" LOL I'm not really complaining, just finally getting my body's timeclock shifted to where I am in the bed (and asleep!) by 11 or midnight and am able to wake up pretty much on my own around 5:30 or 6:00 and stay up through the day without feeling like a kindergartener who needs a nap after lunch! It has taken me this long! And, now I really think that my thyroid meds are off kilter again as I'm sort of dragging and I am hungry all day long! I won't have new labs done till after Jan 1st (lovely insurance!), so won't really know till then, but in the meanwhile, I am trying to cope... I've been really trying to find better snacks to carry me through the daytime munchies and been really trying to say no to munching on something before bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night. Some nights, I feel sort of loopy and think it is low blood sugar (usually nights we've had an earlier dinner) and I do go ahead and grab a small snack. Other nights, I know it is just head hunger and just say no!

I'm also retaining water in my legs and feet and can see how much they are swollen by the end of the day when I've been on my feet at work. I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that as my doc keeps telling me no about the water pills and to "just stay off your feet..." LOL Yeah, don't I wish! LOL

Other than these minor complaints, life is pretty good (well, these minor health issues AND a pain-in-the-ass teenager!)... I'm still below 210 pounds (over 200 pounds lost) and I am more active than I have been since I was a young child. And I mean young--as in less than 10 years old. I climb the stairs easily several times a day at work. I'm never out of breath or even strained when I reach the top. I can be on my feet without the excruciating pain in my knees and lower back. I no longer have issues with high blood pressure... I'm not worried about being diagnosed as diabetic... The world is much better for me post-WLS!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.