Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elected President

President elected... Obama? McCain? Nope, ME! I was elected president of our county's 4-H Leaders Association last night. It is a one year term with the possibility of a second year. Most winners (aka suckers!) end up with two years... LOL I replaced a woman who'd served two years, gotten out of it--ugh, I mean finished her term, and then after about a month, the newly elected person backed out and she got stuck back in as president for another year! She was glad to step down last night!

What does it mean? Well, it means you chair the monthly meetings, chair any activity committees, and are responsible for a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that helps keep 4-H running in our county. Oh, and it means you are the number one person for 4-H camp. That is the biggest part of the job and most of the work happens over about a 6-week timeframe as camp is planned, fine-tuned and then executed... Camp is a week long and is held in June. We have had as few as 58 kids to a larger group of about 100. It can be fun though it can also be physically and even emotionally stressful... Just depends on what that one week brings!

I'm happy to serve now that my health allows me to do it. Even a year ago, I doubt that I'd have been able to keep up with it all. Now, I'm anxious to get started!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.