Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Terryaki & Veggies

I made more of that reduced sugar terryaki sauce I posted a few days ago... Instead of beef this time though, I poured it over boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I'd cut into about 2" wide strips and placed in the crockpot. I also cut an onion in half and then each half into quarters and added that to the pot and sprinkled it all with Everglades Seasoning. I poured a whole batch of the terryaki sauce (about 1 1/4 cups) over top of it all and set it on high and left it to cook.

About 4 hours later, I added some fresh green pepper strips, cored and quartered a couple of fresh tomatoes, and also chopped up a couple of large carrots and added those. I gave it all a good stir, pushed the recently added veggies down into the liquid anywhere they stuck out, and let it get back to cooking! When it was all done, I served it over white basmati rice. This was scrumptious! You must try that sauce over your favorite meat! I am really enjoying tossing in all those FREE fresh veggies from the garden!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.