Saturday, August 9, 2008

Recipe: Crock Terryaki Beef

I made a homemade Terryaki Sauce yesterday (click for that post!) and wanted to give it a try right away... I had some stew beef I picked up last night at Sam's Club, so I thought I'd use that.

CROCK TERRYAKI BEEF
Ingredients:
2 pounds stew beef (or any chunked or sliced beef you have!)
1 medium onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
Everglades Seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend)
1 cup terryaki sauce (I used my reduced sugar homemade version)

Directions:
Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray. This is not "required" but sure helps with cleanup!
Place beef chunks/slices into crockpot.
Peel your onion and cut it into slices or wedges (whatever your preference). Drop in on top of meat.
Spoon in your minced garlic.
Sprinkle liberally with Everglades Seasoning OR your favorite salt/pepper/etc seasoning blend.
Pour terryaki sauce over everything.
Put the lid on and cook! I cooked mine on high for about 2 hours, then turned the heat to low and continued to cook for about 4 more hours (6 hours total). You could probably do 8 hours all on low heat.
If you like peppers, core/derib/seed a bell pepper and slice it and add to this mixture for the final 30 minutes of cook time.

We did add the pepper and we served it over a bit of basmati rice. This was a wonderful terryaki beef dish and we'll be trying the homemade terryaki sauce over chicken breasts in the near future!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.