Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From Eggy's birthday wish to my birthday gift...

Eggface has pushed me over the edge! But I mean that in a good way, I hope! I've read about too many of her protein ice cream concoctions. I couldn't take it anymore! I'd been selling off some excess bulk soapmaking and lotionmaking supplies on eBay lately. I sold a few bars of homemade soap to someone. I had some $$ sitting in my PayPal account.... Long story made short--I ordered a Cuisinart ICE-20 ice cream maker AND an extra cylinder for it last night from Amazon... I didn't even go with the refurbished one, I went for the gusto and got the new one... SO, I'm $79 poorer, but it will be my birthday gift to myself. I turn 41 on August 13th! That means that Eggy's "birthday wish" becomes my birthday gift! AND, coincidentally, the first batch of protein ice cream that I plan to try will be her strawberry cheesecake recipe! I'm going to include that here. Please remember that this is Michelle/Eggface's recipe! I get NO credit for this other than sharing it with you in one more place! You can go to her blog and read all about her protein ice cream concoctions and all the different varieties/recipes she's come up with so far!

Shelly's Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream

1/2 cup mashed Strawberries
2 Tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 cup chopped Strawberries

Mash strawberries, SF Syrup and cream cheese together. Mix together milk, protein, & strawberry cream cheese mixture. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add chopped strawberries. I put it in the freezer to set for an hour. Top with an optional squirt of Land o'Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So how did your protein ice cream taste?

Powered by WebRing®.