Sunday, July 13, 2008

Big time dumping...

Over the last two years, the frequency of dumping has become almost nil for me and I eat sugar, so it would happen if it was going to... Last month, I had an affair with cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. No after effects, but I finally kicked the habit. Well, I caved this morning and had one. And, to make it worse, I had chocolate milk (regular 2% milk made with sugar free syrup) afterwards. Well, within 15 minutes of drinking the milk (which doesn't bother me on its own), I was getting all clammy feeling and nauseous. I was feeling woozy and totally awful. So, I went back to bed for a while. Well, at 8:30, "a while" felt like I might need an hour to get back on my feet. Well, I woke up at 12:27 pm! WOW! I had the headache from you-know-where and was still feeling yucky, though the worst of it had passed. I sure hope that is enough to keep those danged things FAR away from me! We have to learn the hard way even on things of this import sometimes....

To make matters even worse, it set me on a bad eating track for the day. I mean the only real protein from that was in the milk and that was accompanied by tons of carbs between the carbs in the milk and the carbs (not good ones) in the cinnamon roll. My "lunch" of choice was generic Fritos and cheese. Then, later, I had an Atkins fudge brownie bar for snack. That was the only good choice all day... I did manage to turn it around for dinner though. I put a steak on the grill and grilled an ear of corn to go with it. Now if I can just stay on track and not snack later......... UGH!!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.