Wednesday, June 25, 2008

weight update--it's been a while!

So, I hit my all time low of 197 back in February I think it was. Since then, I've fluctuated anywhere from 197 to 209. It all depends on how I'm eating, whether I'm getting any exercise, and how the water retention is going. I have issues still with water retention, but I am not taking the Rx meds like before surgery. I still have to go back on them from time to time though to get things back under control and to alleviate the swelling in my feet, ankles, and calves.

Last month, prior to my visit from my beloved (not!) Aunt Flo, I started retaining water. This is normal for most every woman and I usually see it go down again after her visit is over. Not so this past month. No weight drop afterwards and the water is still there in my legs/feet. This month, I can feel the water retention again and see the increase in my legs and feet. I will probably have to go back on the Rx meds again for a while to get things running smoothly once again. The bad part (other than needing the Rx meds) is that my weight is staying in the 205 to 209 bracket these days. Now I know that a few days on the meds and I'll be peeing like a racehorse and seeing that scale slide down again. But, at the same time, I also know that I've been eating way too many carbs and salty stuff and could be working on getting the sodium intake down and getting some of that water out of me that way. Have I done so??? Well, of course not! That would be the easy way to do it, but I would have to curb that carb intake and I've not yet talked my brain into that... I've also not been getting in enough protein daily lately and really need to work on that too. I've never really seriously considered the 5 day pouch test, but I do need to have a few days of protein feasting to get past the carb cycles. Today wasn't too bad, but even it could have been better. I really need to find a new favorite protein rich snack to start munching at!

So, I've got a bowl of ricotta fluff whipped up in the fridge. I'm stocked up on cheese. I need some jerky. I have plenty of nuts. I might need peanut butter. But, I need to go back to eating it off of a spoon and not on wheat bread! I can do this!! I just lack motivation till that scale gets this close to the top end of my comfort zone (210!)... I'm there now though as the scale said 209 this morning... GOT to get going now!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.