Sunday, November 11, 2007

What to do with leftover rotisserie chicken??

Today, for my lunch, I pulled about half the meat off of a cold chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken I picked up Friday afternoon. I cut it into small pieces (smaller than 1/2 a teaspoon). Then, I put 1 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet. Into the warming oil, I chopped some onion and let it start to brown and soften. Then, I added about a tsp of minced garlic, a tbsp of chopped green pepper (frozen, always in my freezer!) and a tbsp of diced tomatoes (always on hand in my fridge or cupboard). Once this was all warm and yummy smelling, I added the chicken meat and stirred and stirred till it was all hot and ready to eat. I did not eat this with anything else... I ate it just as it came out of the skillet. It was yummy and I did not even add any seasoning of any sort. The only seasoning was whatever the grocery store deli put on the rotisserie chicken.

The only bad part? The olive oil had more calories and fat than all the other ingredients together! Anyone got a better suggestion? Non-stick spray won't cut it as you need a good bit of wet to brown and cook those onions and such!

I was thinking again (ouch, that hurts!). I prefer onions, peppers and tomatoes myself, but you could use any sort of veggies that you can saute--mushrooms, zucchini, etc. I think folks should take that chicken, whatever their favorite veggies are, and go for it! Make this recipe idea their own creation!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing®.